Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Spa Village Malacca, The Majestic Malacca, Malaysia

I love my spa treatments, and Spa Village, with locations all over Malaysia is my absolute favorite. I always walk out of the spa feeling like a queen. Recently, I had the pleasure of visiting the Spa Village Malacca, which is housed over two levels at The Majestic Malacca for two-hours of bliss and pampering.

Spa Village Malacca is the world's first and only spa to base its therapies on the healing heritage of the Baba-Nyonya or Peranakan culture - a unique combination of Chinese and Malay influences. The rich heritage is reflected not only through the therapies but also within the architecture, which provides an environment designed to capture the essence of the location. The luxurious decor is reflective of old Peranakan shophouses, with its pastel colours, intricate wood detailing and bright ceramic tiles.


Upon arrival, you will be given a questionnaire to fill out. Based on your answers, the therapist can then recommend an appropriate Warming or Cooling Body Treatment (ie if you have a warm body, then a cooling body treatment will be recommended). Based on Peranakan healing philosophy and inspired by traditional Chinese medicine, the treatments are designed to recapture the energy that life's challenges remove - soothing skin, easing tired muscles, and allowing a physical and psychological escape from the pressures of modern living.

Spa Village Malacca Reception


Relaxation Lounge


Welcome amenities 


Since I was diagnosed with a "warm" body, the spa therapist recommended the Egg Rolling Therapy to me. This 100-minute body treatment is beneficial for stressed individuals who are sensitive to heat and prone to tight muscles and cramping. I was told that hard boiled eggs applied externally have special abilities to settle hyperactivity, calming the mind, settling cramping and swelling, and drawing out excess heat. The hard-boiled eggs are wrapped in a muslin bag, then rolled all over the body.





The egg rolling therapy also comes with a massage.  I was asked if I would prefer the massage with or without oil, and I chose the latter, and a Thai-style massage was recommended to me. Thai massage is also commonly known as "yoga massage", so there were lots of stretching and bending movements involved. My masseuse was ever so friendly and achieved exactly the right amount of pressure to suit my needs. It was definitely a invigorating massage, which I thoroughly enjoyed.



After the treatment, I was then ushered downstairs to enjoy a complimentary post-spa soothing hair care ritual. This ritual is inspired by the elaborate and colorful 12-day Peranakan Wedding ceremony, as Peranakan women prize the health and condition of their hair. It is believed that this ritual can eradicate impurities and negativity from the girl/bride and bestow good luck on the couple's union.

The hair ritual includes washing, combing and scalp massage, using virgin olive oil, and lime juice. Jasmine flowers were clipped onto my hair and a wooden comb is gifted to me as a memento of my experience here at Spa Village Malacca. Short and sweet, this was relaxing and very enjoyable.




To conclude the treatment, a Malacca Fruit Tea and acar is served in the Relaxation Lounge. Truly a unique spa experience, I feel pampered and rejuvenated. :)



Sip on your tea on one of the traditional Peranakan Chinese day beds.




The spa menu can be viewed here. The Egg Rolling Therapy is priced at RM470 for a 100-minute treatment.

Opening times: 9am to 9pm daily.


Location: Spa Village Malacca, Level 1, The Majestic Malacca, 188 Jalan Bunga Raya, 75100 Melaka, Malaysia.
Tel: 06-289 8000

Website: http://www.majesticmalacca.com/pages/spa-village.html

GPS Coordinates: 2.201959, 102.252130



If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind that, a good rub down would help soothe my tired muscles/fat and bones. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spa is the most relaxing place you can run for the peaceful mind and for the body can have rest. Thank you for the great article you shared!.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...