Thursday, November 14, 2013

Recipe: Honey Lemon Chicken Drumsticks + Thighs

I was thinking of what to cook for dinner the other day, so I went Bill Granger's chicken recipes. Eventually, I decided to cook his honey lemon chicken wings since the marinade sounds kids-friendly. However, when I was at the wet market to get the chicken wings, Baby D asked if I could cook him drumsticks (his fav!) for dinner, hence I have adapted Bill's recipe slightly. 

Honey Lemon Chicken Drumsticks

This is a really easy chicken recipe to try - you do not even need to marinade the chicken before cooking, and the results are really good! The chicken is first placed on a baking tray, and then sprinkled with salt and roasted for 15 minutes to give it a nice crispy skin, before the marinade is poured over and it is further baked until it is cooked through and the skin is golden brown. 


We all love the tangy and sweet marinade - very appetizing. There will be quite a lot of marinade left on the tray after roasting, so serve some with the chicken as a dip. The skin is really crispy too. Another quick, easy meal which satisfies. :)


Honey Lemon Chicken Drumsticks + Thighs
Recipe by Baby Sumo, adapted from Bill Granger
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves 4


Ingredients
1 tsp sea salt
4 chicken maryland, separated into drumstick + thigh
1/3 cup lemon juice (1 large lemon)
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
90g honey
Lemon wedges, to serve


1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC (roast mode).

2. On a baking tray, arrange the chicken pieces and sprinkle liberally with salt, then roast for 15 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, place lemon juice, honey and garlic in a small bowl and mix well, until the honey has dissolved. (Note: I have been told that it is best to use plastic or wooden spoon when dealing with honey)

Mix ingredients together


4. Pour over the chicken pieces and stir until well coated. Bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the chicken pieces are cooked through and skin is golden brown. To test if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part and the juices should run clear.

The chicken, after roasting for 15 mins with salt.


5. Serve immediately with side salad and some of the marinade juices for dipping.

Note: Cooking times have been adapted to suit my oven.





If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! Thanks :)


*********************************

I am submitting this to the "Cook Like Bill Granger" event which I am co-hosting with Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Mich of Piece of Cake. To join, simply cook or bake any recipe from any Bill Granger websites or cookbooks for the whole month of November and December 2013. You can link your posts at one of the host's pages.

Your post must be a current post i.e. posted in November and December 2013 - please do not link older posts.Please mention Cook like a Star in your post and link back to Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Mich of Piece of Cake and Baby Sumo of Eat your heart out.

Happy cooking! Do check out the other bloggers recipe below:

9 comments:

  1. This must taste really good. I love the honey lemon combination ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slurps!!! My girl would love this. Gotta get her to try and cook some, I eat. Hehehehehe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken dish today, my family favourite. I notice that no matter how much I cooked, they still able to finish them. Simple is good. Sometimes when I like a certain dish but after checking on a long list, I decided to forget it, haha. Love your chicken drumsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try this next time! So pretty and not too difficult for us. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fast and simple! I am tempted to cook this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yen,
    I have bookmarked this to try, but have not come round to it yet! It looks delicious, and I'm sure my kids would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried the recipe. It looks delicious, tastes even better than it looks. A hit within my family. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying the recipe. So glad that your family liked it ;)

      Delete
  8. Hi Yen,

    I have bookmarked this recipe too and hope to get a chance to bake these too :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...