Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Siew Pow Master, Seremban, Negeri Sembilan

Wishing all Indian friends and readers a very Happy Deepavali. Have a wonderful celebration with your loved ones.



**********************


After breakfast at Yi Poh, we walked across the street to Kedai Siew Pau Asia, also known as "Siew Pow Master" to get some fresh bakes. You can find siew pow, egg tart, pineapple tart, cheese tart, almond tart, kaya puff and many types of buns here. All items are freshly baked everyday on the premises. I love coming here and being greeted by the smell of the freshly baked items. 

Seems that we arrived at the right time, since most of the bakes were just out of the oven. Though siew pow is one of their specialities here, we much prefer the ones that we get from Empayar Siew Pow, hence we gave that a miss here. What we do like are the egg tarts here, silky smooth custard with a crumbly pastry. ;) Especially when eaten warm.



So many pastries to pick from!

Black and white sesame




Hot dog bun (fried) (RM1.50)


You can view the whole "bakery" from the front of the shop


Siew pow (RM1.30)


Egg tarts (RM1.30)


The kids wanted a doughnut (RM1). This is one of the basic ways you can eat a donut, with a sprinkling of white sugar.... we ate it as soon as we bought it and it was very nice since it was still warm and soft.

We also tried the kaya puff (RM1.30) with a nice homemade kaya jam, and a sesame ball (RM1) with red bean paste filling - all of which we enjoyed.




Homemade kaya filling


Verdict: Nice pastries, especially when eaten warm (freshly baked daily). 


Location: Siew Pow Master, 368, Jalan Seng Meng Lee (Off Jalan Temiang), 70200 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, 70200, Seremban, Negeri Sembilan.

Tel: 06-7632409

GPS Coordinates: 2.734,101.940247

36 comments:

  1. Happy Holiday!
    Do they have the sesame ball with peanut filling? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice? I was there but I only bought the almond cookies - not great, wouldn't have bothered to drop by to buy had I know it then. They say the siew pao (better than the other very famous place, they say)and the egg tarts are nice, dunno...didn't buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The siew pow here, I don't really like.. but I do like the egg tarts.

      Delete
    2. Btw I also wont make a special trip here, but since we were in the vicinity (breakfast just opposite the road), then why not? The kids enjoyed the pastries.

      Delete
  3. Mmmm looks nice ... but seremban leh, is it worth it to drive all the way there just for the egg tarts and siew bao?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha to be honest, no. I think most ppl buy siew pow cos it's "on the way" to their final destination. But there are a lot of other food here in Seremban worth visiting for:
      http://goodyfoodies.blogspot.com/2012/06/good-food-guide-in-seremban.html

      Delete
  4. me too, i dun really like the siew pao here.
    still prefer the empayar one

    ai wei
    www.ivyaiwei.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. quite a big and beautiful deepavali kolam at pavilion, eh! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are adding another Kolam now!!

      Delete
    2. I saw them making quite a lot of space to put in another one. Must be another big one!

      Delete
  6. Everything looks really good! I want to reach into my computer and take a bite of everything :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oo.. another place for Siew Bao... lots of goodies here!

    I was just at the Empayar Siew Bao too two days ago... its also my favorite there... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that u went down to Seremban for crabs right?

      Delete
  8. Hmm...still cheap at RM1.30. Cant get this price over here .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is standard siew pow price in Seremban.

      Delete
  9. I want one of each , pretty please ?! lol I had to Google what siew pao is :D I think I would really love it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay , the HK baked char siu bao is the same actually :D But the Malaysian version looks prettier ! lol

      Delete
    2. It's a speciality of my hometown, Seremban! :D

      Delete
  10. the egg tart looks kind of different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Baby Sumo, yummy.... all look so delicious. Wish I can have some siew pao now, LOL

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe my parents always buy us some when they go to Seremban :)

      Delete
  12. Wow!! You go to Seremban a lot right? I saw your post about Hakka Mee and Siew Pao too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, Seremban is my hometown. I love the food there! :D

      Delete
  13. Hi Yen, Happy Deepavali!

    Like Anne, I could only see and "smell" the tarts and pastries from your post unless you send some over! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I could send some over to you and Anne (and anyone else who wants it) just by a click of a button!

      Delete
  14. MIL~ Happy deepavali.. XD XD... Help me to give baby D a soft peck on the cheek! I can't wait to squeeze him when I see him.Damn cute... HAHAHAAHHAHA!! (refering the pic that he is pointing to the siew pao) XD *GERAMNYA*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Thanks. Maybe u get to see him before Christmas :P

      Delete
  15. I like the crumbly pastry of their egg tarts! The crust has slightly salty taste while the egg custard is abit sweet. I like the combi. hehehe,....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yoh,wish that I can have some of these famous Seremban sie bao 1 day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What is that pastry with black & white sesame?

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...