Saturday, November 17, 2012

Macarons @ OneSixFive, InterContinental KL

How do you like your macarons?

I like mine with perfect feet, thick fillings and distinctive flavours :) 


Last week, we were at OneSixFive, the revamped luxurious lounge of InterContinental KL for their afternoon tea (it was fab! Read more here). Just before leaving, Executive Chef Darrell O’Neill presented us with a box of 6 macarons to bring home for our kids! How thoughtful and sweet of him :)

The texture of these macarons were lovely, I think they have 4-5 flavours available on a daily basis and are priced at RM5+ each. You just need to see the photos of my children to see how much they enjoyed it ;)


They have nice feet, and flavours were nice too! I like the lemon and also lavender ones. :)







Hehe! I love this photo of Baby C! ;)


Price: RM5 per macaron.

Location: OneSixFive, InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, 165 Jalan Ampang, 50450, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: +60 3 2782 6168

Website: http://www.intercontinental-kl.com.my/dining_lobby_longue.asp

21 comments:

  1. So far, I've only had the ones that Quay Po made and gave me - love the ones with butter chestnut filling:
    http://suituapui.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/straight-from-the-heart/

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, those are awesomely THICK macarons! they definitely offer more bite, more satisfaction, right :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love macarons!!! <3 They're bites of heaven!! :P hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I like my macarons feather light! These flavours look great and his shirt is so right-cute he is! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they get their macarons right here! Hehe and thanks for the compliment for Baby D!

      Delete
  5. I like mine just like the ones in your photos ! lol They are just gorgeous ! Oh ! The kids as well :D Ladurée's going to open here in HK , for sure I'll buy one or two :P Hopefully , it won't be unreasonably :D priced :P Jean-Paul Hévin macs cost HK$25 each tsk tsk !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *super envy* I wish I could get my hands on some Laduree too! Think they're opening in SG soon too, hopefully they will come to KL too!

      Delete
  6. We haven't had macarons for quite awhile, hmmm, maybe it's time to eat some. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last few days, I eat so many macarons! So happpyyyyyy.

      Delete
  7. i dont really like eating macaron, the only reason is becoz its usually too sweet to my liking
    so, i would like my macaron to be not so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have u tried a savoury macaron? It usually takes away some of the sweetness of the shell.

      Delete
  8. Hahaha, so good to have these macarons as a gift! Macarons fever has hit Australia for so many years since the Season 1 of Masterchef Australia, all thanks to Sydney's famous patisserie chef, Adriano Zumbo! I prefer to enjoy looking at these macarons than the actual taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I guess that's why you're so slim and I'm so round! :P

      Delete
  9. macarons... looks like is for here to stay in KL. Love the pastel color =)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...