Saturday, November 10, 2012

Korean Food @ Dubu Dubu, MidValley Megamall, KL

On one of our recent trips to MidValley, I asked Baby C if she wanted to go to her usual "Japanese spot" for lunch. I was surprised when she told me that she wanted to try something new. I asked her if Korean food was okay, and she said "yes", so we decided to try Dubu Dubu SeOUL Food Restaurant. 

Dubu Dubu is a casual Korean restaurant, with outlets in MidValley and 1Utama only. There are 2 LCD screen TVs on the wall, whereby Korean pop songs and videos are shown. Dubu translates to "tofu" and they strive to serve Seoul favorites. 

We browsed through the menu and Baby C spotted chicken wings and asked if she could have that. I ordered two sets for us to share - a Dolsot Bibimbap set with beef (RM17.90) and Korean spicy wings set (RM17.90). Each set comes with 3 types of ban chan and a seaweed soup. The kids also shared a roasted barley tea (RM3.50 - refillable). 

The dolsot bibimbap was quite tasty, with ample amount of ingredients such as julienned carrot, corn, seaweed, cabbage, kimchi and raw egg. You can either have it with chicken or beef, and I opted for the latter. However, towards the end of the meal I was dismayed to find that the sides of the bowl actually scrapes off when I tried to get the crispy bits of rice off the bowl. I ended up eating a fair bit of "stone" from the stone bowl. I made the manager aware of this, hopefully they will replace any bowls with too much wear and tear. The ban chan was alright, though the colour was quite dull - usually in Korean restaurants the ban chan are quite vivid in colour, which makes it more appetizing for the diners. 



Kimchi


The Korean spicy wings set was definitely much better. It was served with a bowl of brown rice, which the kids actually liked eating with the soup. The chicken wings were not too spicy and flavoursome, Baby C ate the meat inside and gave me the spicy chicken skin :P There were 6 portions of wings, so this was pretty good value for money.



Nice wings


Healthy brown rice


Korean pop stars



Verdict: The dining experience would have been better if I didn't find bits of "stone" in my food. 

Pork-free.

Price: Total bill RM39.

Location: Dubu Dubu Seoul Food, LG048, Lower Ground Floor, MidValley Megamall, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2287 8980

Website: http://www.dubudubu.com.my

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha! Dont think my kids will know how to appreciate ox tongue ;P

      Delete
  2. didnt know stone bowl the stone will be scratch off!! It's so dangerous in another way! >< hm.. btw, the food looks superb!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food looks yummy. I supposed its pork free to suit the general crowd...

    Will probably head in tonight since I am still having my K cravings...

    Stones ...that's is super bad QC and even choice of utensils. One could have chipped or broken a tooth with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost my appetite after having a spoonfuls of "stones" LOL.

      Delete
  4. oh, the wings do look good! can imagine the fragrant crunch from the sesame seeds :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spicy chicken wings with sesame seeds, I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite type of cuisine!! And this looks so delicious, especially those wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time we'll have to go have Korean food together!

      Delete
  7. Hmmm...must go and try Korean one of these days. Yet to acquire the taste for kimchi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try japchae, it's a bit like glass noodles. And no kimchi involved there.

      Delete
  8. Looks delicious! I love Kimchi! But Korean pop music is a no-no for me! Haha!
    Will look-out for this place on my next visit to MV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better if u go to GoGung or KoHyang in The Gardens, they do better Korean food at similar prices.

      Delete
  9. Urkssss...stones in rice...tsk tsk tsk...when will they ever learn abt QC? =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh* this is so exquisite! I could stare at your pictures for a reaaally long time!! I can’t wait to get my hands on some heirlooms and duplicate this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love bibimbap and always order it. The ban chan does looks dull (great observation!) - maybe they are marinaded too long/not so fresh? But everything looks delicious. I need to eat Korean food soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aiyooo....too bad lah. That scrap off bowl really spoils your bibimbap!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good value for money! And it is quite thrilling to see brown rice on the menu - so much more yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...